Let the neuroticism begin!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sink You Fool

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I may be jumping the gun, but I'm starting to get nervous. I applied to 6 triple board programs and 26 peds programs. I've received 5/6 TB invites but only 4/26 for peds. I applied to 7 top 20, 4 top 40, 4 top 60, and 11 programs in the 60-100 range.

Stats:
Step 1-225; Step 2-258
H-IM, Fam, Psych HP-Peds, Neuro, OB P-Surg
non-trad; worked in special ed for several years

The one red flag I can think of is one of my letters is TB specific. I didn't have time to ask for another letter, so I addressed it in my personal statement. Something along the lines of "I hope to join a pediatrics or triple board residency that will train me to be an excellent general pediatrician as well as offer the opportunity to explore my interest in chronic illness and mental health".

I realize that the low Step 1 and not honoring in peds are both dings that make those 7 in the top 20 a real reach, but I thought I'd stand a decent chance with the rest. I realize it's still early, but I thought I better put this out here in case y'all think I need to add programs. Better sooner than later.

Members don't see this ad.