Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Let's hear from the Vermont Interviewees!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by doc4sure, Oct 23, 2002.

1. doc4sure

doc4sure Member
    10+ Year Member

I'm certain several SDN'ers have done the Vermont interview this month. How about a rundown on what happened.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Joe Joe on da Radio

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    1) associate dean of admissions gives a presentation about the new integrated curriculum, followed by Q&A.
    2) lunch.
    3) student-led tour, pre-interview advice, financial aid presentation.
    4) individual interviews with 1 or 2 adcom members.

interviews very relaxed, conversational, although some of my questions were quite interesting (i.e. no way i could've prepared for).

JJ

4. doc4sure

doc4sure Member
    10+ Year Member

Thanks for the reply JoeJoe. I'm heading up there in November (don't have the date in front of me), but I have just enough time to get the sleigh tuned up. Would you care to share a little about the drift of the questions? Also, did they give you any clue as to when you would hear something?
    GOOD LUCK!

5. lola

lola Bovine Member
    7+ Year Member

have you looked at the interview feedback portion of this website? 4 vermont interviews are posted.

6. doc4sure

doc4sure Member
    10+ Year Member

Thanks for the idea. Somehow I thought the interview feedback location was down or useless or something--but, the feedback there was helpful.

7. isidella

7+ Year Member

I wish vermont wanted me. :( I just keep telling myself, my app is at the bottom of the pile. . .

8. Joe Joe on da Radio

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    in my group, they said we would find out 2nd week of december. the assoc. dean said that out-of-staters, like me, will be initially waitlisted so they can fill the class first with vermonters.

9. Dr. Don

Dr. Don Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    hey joe joe when was your app complete? how long did you have to wait to receive the interview invite? thanks for the info

10. Joe Joe on da Radio

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    i never got a notice that my app was complete. just got the interview invite in the mail a little over a month after i'd sent everything in. g'luck.

jj

11. clittle1981

clittle1981 Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey! I'm interviewing on Dec. 3 at UVM. I got the invitation last week and unfortunately could not come on the days they wanted me to in November due to exams that can not be changed.. I'm really looking forward to it.. Got to work out plans to fly or take the Greyhound part of the way b/c I have driven to 7 interviews so far and am worried about running into a snowstorm while driving to Burlington.. any suggestions, let me know! thanks!

12. Joe Joe on da Radio

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    some interesting questions i got were:

1) do you ever find your peers disgusting? (No was not an option for an answer)

2) have you thought about neurosurgery? why would/wouldn't you go into this field?

3) have you ever rooted for the "under dog?"

JJ