Let's hope there's no accepted thread dec. 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nothen2do

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Everyone knows that a thread will be posted with "where is everyone accepted?" Think how anxious you are now, and the fact that when dec.1,2,3... comes around without hearing anything from your top schools, and then you read about people who got into such schools. I know that would drive me bonkers. Wondering what everyones take is on this?

Members don't see this ad.

Tell me about it. Reading the interview/rejection lists is enough to damage my nerves. My schools have not received my app yet. And people are excited about their interviews, what to do after Dec 1st and all that...
I'm sure that thread will pop up. As much as I hate this thread, I really want to see it. I want see where some people here get accepted to.

Members don't see this ad :)
I will definitly create an official acceptance thread on dec. 1 if nobody else does. I think many people are naturally curious about everyone else's status and like to have any information that can help them speculate about their own chances. Nobody is obligated to open the thread if they think it'll make them anxious. But i think these kind of threads are usually very successful and educational, just look at the enthusiasm shown for the interview thread, the 'recieved today' thread, and last year's acceptance thread.

edit: also... what's wrong with people who got accepted sharing their excitement with all of us on here that have in a way been with them throughout the process? you know when you get accepted you will want to tell everyone on here too!! :clap:

What you are saying is so true, but you know this 'Acceptance' and 'Where you are going' threads are inevitable as they have been created every single year.

i'd just like to skip straight through to the "where are you going" thread. knowing where everyone got accepted wouldn't do very much for me; it would, however, be very cool to meet future classmates. that's not, of course, saying that i won't skulk around the "acceptance" thread - i'm just as morbidly curious as everyone else around here :D

I agree with Biogirl361 as I find threads like these useful. If you don't want to see the information in the thread, don't click on it.

I certainly hope there will be a thread! It'll be just like christmas - I won't mind watching all of the little presents being passed out because I hope that fat, heavy present (envelope) under the tree has my name on it. Best of luck to all!

Precarious_Yups said:
Pleaz don't create a brand new thread for accepted students... simply update the 2005 stats page... it'll be a whole lot more organized

haha, wishful thinking, something tells me at Dec 1st at 12:01am there will be several new threads :D

Precarious_Yups said:
Pleaz don't create a brand new thread for accepted students... simply update the 2005 stats page... it'll be a whole lot more organized

I agree with this in a way, but i like the list format of the interview thread better. plus, people want to know who got accepted where on a day to day basis and it is too confusing and time consuming to go alllll the way back through that 30 page thread each day and try to figure out who updated and when and how many for each school. we can't just add on to the interview thread though b/c a lot of people have still to get interviews. I think we just need a new thread. what are a couple new threads anyway, it has worked in past years and i am sure it will be fine this year. what I do wish is that people would consolidate their "what are my chances" posts onto the 'keepin it real' thread.

Yah updating the stats page with acceptance will turn real ugly.

I imgaine there will be just a whole lot of I GOT ACCEPTED TODAY THREADS :D

Letting the whole SDN world know that they are part of something special, and for that they should be entitled to a little recognition.

So if you get accepted and you start a thread of acceptance, I will be the first to congratulate yah.

Good luck and I hope the news for you on december 1st will be what you want to hear, if not there's always next year. take it from a me.

I am ready to *hopefully* add my name to the acceptance thread and congratulate other accepted people.

Let's see who is the FIRST one to get notified and act FAST to put his/her name down on this forum..

Im going to make a thread tomorow. ahahahah jk