Let's make a Pact

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
As much as we say it doesn't matter and we aren't really affected by it, it still stings to be rejected.

I'm already thinking of next season. Gotta get some better MCAT marks first though.

Firemed

I agree.
I've had enough of the MCAT! The criteria by which one is measured is vast and a good score is important, though it presents no guarantee in the US or Canada med. schools.

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry to hear about Trinity docolive, i know you really wanted to go there. UCD and UCC are great schools though, good luck with those!! :luck:

As much as we say it doesn't matter and we aren't really affected by it, it still stings to be rejected.

Firemed

Owe it matters and definitely stings more me than a lot.
Hope to get better news in the coming months.

Members don't see this ad :)
Owe it matters and definitely stings more me than a lot.
Hope to get better news in the coming months.

Maybe apply early to your state schools, maybe a few osteo??!! You will get in somewhere---as I have said, this is a good learning experience and we have many more and much more painful challenges ahead.

Everyone knows that the medical school admissions process is---to some degree---a crapshoot. I have to say that getting into Ireland is tougher than getting into some of my state schools (to which I have not yet applied)!

Sorry to hear about Trinity docolive, i know you really wanted to go there. UCD and UCC are great schools though, good luck with those!! :luck:

Thank you! Congratulations on your acceptance!!:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

unfortunately no acceptances, actually nothing heard yet! i'm expecting rejections considering the stats of those who have been rejected so far, but i just wish they would let us know already! The wait is torture! Best of luck!!!

I received an offer of admission from NUI Galway March 16th and will be going in September. Has anyone else made the decision to go to NUIG yet?

Rejected from Trinity today. just waiting on UCD now

unfortunately no acceptances, actually nothing heard yet! i'm expecting rejections considering the stats of those who have been rejected so far, but i just wish they would let us know already! The wait is torture! Best of luck!!!

Oh I am sorry....I thought that I read that you got in....keep the faith!!! :)
It's good that you are IN THE GAME!!! Something good is in the works.

For those who have thus far been granted acceptances, have any of you information about defferal of entry?

I just looked over my acceptance letter, it says that admission is for Sept 07 entry only and that it cannot be deferred (UCC).

Ah, ok thanks. I will assume that is the same for the other ABP schools.

has Anyone heard Anything from UCD? Its the only one I'm waiting to hear from now : )

Members don't see this ad :)
has Anyone heard Anything from UCD? Its the only one I'm waiting to hear from now : )

I'm still waiting on them as well. I've noticed a bunch of people have posted schools on "waiting list" in their stats. Does anyone know if ABP actually sends out waiting list notices/letters, or is it just assumed you're on the wait list if you haven't heard by now? It seems counterproductive not to let us know...I'm sure they'd get a lot less emails if they kept us well informed...:confused:

beeper,
i was placed on the waitlist for rcsi and was notified by a letter (regular mail). i ended up being accepted shortly after.

hi folks,

i heard back from ontario the other day and will be going to my first choice, UofT, where i did my undergrad. i've withdrawn from the irish schools hopefully one of you will move off the RCSI waitlist!

good luck :)

no one has posted in a while, any new news specificalyy about UCD, im still waiting to hear?

ive only heard from trinity so far. i am so over this whole waiting thing, its ridiculous.

I haven't heard a peep from trinity yet. Rejected from RCSI though a while back.

has anyone gotten any news, good or bad, from ucd yet?

has anyone gotten any news, good or bad, from ucd yet?

Hey supernova! I heard from UCD a little while back and was informed that I have been waitlisted. I got into RCSI before then so I'm not partiularly worried. Also, a friend of mine was accepted into UCD's program over a month ago; the paperwork for them was due mid May. I wouldn't be too worried though, it doesn't seem like they have given out very many acceptances yet. And aren't there people that have been accepted into the program as late as July in previous years? Hope this helps and the best of luck to you with your application.

Early on I was rejected from Trinity. A few months ago, I was rejected from RCSI. Today I received a rejection from UCD. Still waiting on UCC, hopefully that works out.

I got an acceptance package from Trinity today. I also apploied to UCD, but haven't heard a thing from them.

I got an acceptance package from Trinity today. I also apploied to UCD, but haven't heard a thing from them.

Great news!!! Congrats. Have you decided if you're gonna accept the offer? Hopefully you're happy with the decision you make :)

Hello everyone,

Has anyone who had an interview for RCSI in New York two weeks ago heard from them yet?

I interviewed for the RCSI GEP 2 weeks ago at New york. When I emailed ABP about their decision, I received an email notifying me that I had been waitlisted.

Also...there are currently 12 people on the GEP wait-list.

got accepted to trinity and rcsi but i'm gonna go to AUA!!

Does anyone know how good the chances are of being accepted off the RCSI waitlist at this stage?

No information is forth-coming from ABP about chances of getting off the RCSI waitlist.

Were you guys interviewed in July and placed on the waitlist afterwards ?

Yep, and I'm thrilled about the more waiting :)

I too am on the waitlist for RCSI after the New York July interview-all they told me was that there were 12 of us on it and that it would probably move in august. They did not however say if we were ranked or how they chose us from here on....

I was granted an offer off of the RCSI waitlist yesterday.

Congrats jnuts!!! You must be so relieved! :)