Let's make a Pact

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

senioritaelena

Let's go
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
As soon as anyone hears anything from Irish med schools, even if it is just a phone call but they got the wrong phone number and really wanted to talk to someone else, you post it.
Deal? or no Deal?:D

Members don't see this ad.

you have yourself a deal:) but i bet you i wont get in lol

Sounds good to me. I kind of assumed we'd find out by regular mail, but I could be wrong. As soon as I hear something, it's going on here.

Members don't see this ad :)
I wish to post a positive response from any of the schools. It looks like mid-March is the usual time.....maybe sooner:)

Last year acceptances were received around this time. I guess if you really wanted to know, you could call AB and they can tell you your status.

Last year acceptances were received around this time. I guess if you really wanted to know, you could call AB and they can tell you your status.

That is rather terrifying. They do not even have my Jan. MCAT score yet. Oh dear, does anyone have the nerve to call and see where they have been accepted??? :eek:

That's what I did last year (mid to late Feb). I didn't choose the courier service so I wanted to know and they told me UCD made an offer. They are usually the first ones. I don't think AB appreciates being flooded with calls but if you really wanted to know...plus they're probably not too busy now.

Oh, ****. I'm totally calling today.

Dammit, they're closed for President's Day! I'm calling tomorrow!

Oh, ****. I'm totally calling today.

Dammit, they're closed for President's Day! I'm calling tomorrow!

hehe. Kudos for you! Maybe after you call, I will have the nerve to call. :thumbup:

Call tomorrow with me! I called already, but they were closed. If I can do it, you can do it baby!

Members don't see this ad :)
Call tomorrow with me! I called already, but they were closed. If I can do it, you can do it baby!
:laugh: I am just wondering if they could come to a decision without my new MCAT score. I remember Mr. Keenan stating that either they will wait for the score or choose to reject. AHHH. now that is scary. Best of :luck: though; when I see happy responses across the board, then I will give the ABP a ring. :) :thumbup: :thumbup:

Top O' the mornin' to you all. So, who's going to be brave today?? Looking forward to hearing from you. I may call in the afternoon. :eek: :luck:

I was under the impression that TCD will notify in mid-March, but RCSI/UCD/UCC will be doing interviews in May/June.

In anycase, I will post whatever responce I get.

I'm pretty sure that RCSI is the only one that interviews. UCD notifies in March, but people have said that they have heard/called around this time, so I'm calling today at 2pm/11am EST/PST. I'm anxious to call, but it's probably for nothing; I'll call, and they'll say there is no change. :rolleyes:

I received an RCSI rejection letter in the mail :(

Today?! WTF!? I called, and he said that none of the schools have updated anything yet, and that he doesn't expect anything until April. :mad:

Also, I'm sorry. :( Keep your hopes up though, I'm sure you'll get in somewhere! :luck:

Yah,
I emailed this morning and they said that they have no descsions for me yet.

^ Yup, got same email response. Wow, Mr. Keenan must be quite busy today, fielding all our frantic phone calls and/or emails :laugh: Best of luck to everyone, hang in there:)

Today?! WTF!? I called, and he said that none of the schools have updated anything yet, and that he doesn't expect anything until April. :mad:

Also, I'm sorry. :( Keep your hopes up though, I'm sure you'll get in somewhere! :luck:

Not until April??!!!! Wow. I thought maybe mid-March. Thanks for the support. I knew that RCSI would not wait for my MCAT score. But, that was quick. There must be a major influx of applications this year? :eek:
APRIL though...it seems so far away.

Docolive, sorry to hear too:( hang in there, you applied to other schools, right? I didn't get an interview to my state med school. And now, not knowing status about Ireland. "Sigh" it's limbo right now.

ok guys now I'm starting to get anxious too. APRIL.
Good god.

Yeah, but what I don't understand is this: he said that none of the schools have given any notice--as in, he didn't even take my name to check my specific application; he just said across the board. Not to beat you over the head with it, but that doesn't make sense, since docolive got a rejection in the mail. :confused:

Another way of knowing is if you used your credit card for the mail package...you can check your visa/mastercard account online ...

That's a great point, NewVintage.

I'm guessing that the RCSI interview process extends the sending out of acceptances to a later date than any other school, but by the same token the rejections come before the interviews and therefore earlier than the other schools.

DocOlive, sorry to hear about RCSI, but keep your hopes up, there are other schools and many of us have a much lower gpa than you. :luck:

Yes. I have been checking my credit card activity every couple of days...no sign there either.

No updates from Mr. Keenan either.

Oh well.....good things come to those who are patient.

Good Luck everybody. We'll all get in somewhere.

Hey guys,

I just got home and had an email from Atlantic Bridge, and I got my interview for Royal College of Surgeons. They are in New York on March 23-25 at the Sheraton on 7th Ave. Louis Keenan also told me that they are having two rounds of interviews for RCSI, assuming they can't fill the class with the first set of people. The second round will be in June.

Trinity should be sending their acceptances in March as well.

Good luck to everyone waiting!

co/06

Damn, it seems like I'm the only one getting zilch-o news today. I'd love an interview to come via email or something. That'd make my day, since the rest of it has kind of sucked.

Also, congrats on the interview invites. I'm jealous. :mad: :laugh:

CONGRATS on the above interview at RCSI. That is very exciting. My dream is Trinity---I just hope that my Jan. score will make them smile a little brighter at my app. Thanks for the updated info. everyone--good to hear that march is still possible.
Yes, LIMBO is the word, but isn't that what applying to medical school is all about?! :laugh:

Congrats on the interview.

I guess I am out of the race for RCSI since I didn't receive an invite for the interview.

I hope I hear something positive from other schools.

Congrats on the interview.

I guess I am out of the race for RCSI since I didn't receive an invite for the interview.

I hope I hear something positive from other schools.

You definitely have a chance :) I'm the one with an actual letter, so I am sure that most of you may still be under consideration. :luck:

Doc olive: Hey don't worry about the rejection letter. I now have 3 of my own letters, ready for framing. U of Alberta, U of Calgary, U of Manitoba all appearently didn't think experience was more valuable than GPA.

Great news about the interview with RCSI co06!

This waiting thing is starting to wear on my nerves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:scared:

Wait a second. If we didn't get an invite via email for an interview today from RCSI, that means we're screwed?

2 ournd of interviews. Let's all breathe in and out, slowly. We just need to be patient and remember there are three other Irish schools. I'm sure we will all be covered.

2 rounds of interviews. Let's all breathe in and out, slowly. We just need to be patient and remember there are three other Irish schools. I'm sure we will all be covered.

So, that's true? What the hell? Two people on this board got interviews, and everyone else either got rejected or has to wait until JUNE!?!? That sucks. :(

yeah dude this sucks a lot. I've gotten no response from anywhere or anything. Also, I'm only eligible for UCD and RCSI to begin with so . . . . :barf: :(

I think only 1 person got an interview in this thread, right?

Yeah, I only applied to UCD and RCSI too, Trevor. That really blows.

And yes, so far only one person in this thread has gotten an interview, which they got via email. I'm wondering if co06 got an email because he didn't sign up for the courier service. Also, did docolive and co06 apply for the 5-year programs? I'm kind of hoping that they send out their invites/rejections for the 5-year and 6-year programs at different times so I still have hope. :idea: :oops: :scared:

I applied to the 4 year graduate entry program. I'm pretty sure that's the only option for RCSI out of atlantic bridge for those who have already completed their undergraduate studies.

Also, I did pay for the courier service. However, I feel like that might be for decisions only.

When I called to schedule my interview time, I was given the following info:

*Just shy of 20% of those who applied were given interviews
*The interview will be conducted by 2-3 Professors. It will be led by the head of graduate entry. The dean of admissions will also likely be present.
*It will last 30-45 minutes.
*It should be considered a "get to know you session"

Ah, so it was specific to GEP. Perhaps there is some hope for us 6-year applicants yet!

Yeah, I only applied to UCD and RCSI too, Trevor. That really blows.

And yes, so far only one person in this thread has gotten an interview, which they got via email. I'm wondering if co06 got an email because he didn't sign up for the courier service. Also, did docolive and co06 apply for the 5-year programs? I'm kind of hoping that they send out their invites/rejections for the 5-year and 6-year programs at different times so I still have hope. :idea: :oops: :scared:

I applied for the 5 year program at all schools. DO NOT WORRY. The fact that you have not received an interview just yet does not mean that any of you were rejected. This process takes time, and they have two rounds of interviews...and I would think that they are spread over some number of days. :luck:

If you get an offer for the interview i think you are pretty much in but i have also head from ppl that (from my round atleast) something like 50% didnt make it past or what not but the interview it self is easy.

For us foundation years the interviews were with 2 interviwers. It was a such a relaxing atmoshere. Before the interview u wait in another room with the other applicants and just chillax. Mr Keenan is like the most lax person ever and will just talk with everyone. Just dont act like a social recluse and participate in conversations with other applicants :laugh:
When I went there there was another highschooler there. Since I dunt see him in my lectures I guess he didnt go in or he got into UCD or smthing.

Anyways good luck guys and maybe I will meet you guys as classmates for first med next year :laugh:

(first year is foundation then its first med and so forth)

Yeah, I'm assuming that they'll offer invites over a few days, and that they will probably send offers for the GEP before the 6-year programs. I'm not worried anymore, really. I'm just anxious.

UPDATE: I had a friend call ABP. For the 6-year program, he said that UCD will send out offers in April, but that RCSI will send an email shortly about interviews. So, it's not over yet--at least, not for me.

Hey Guys,

We are just blowing this out of proportion.
One person has recieved an interview out of how many that applied there? It could just mean that he was the first they liked or fit the criteria or one of the first applicants they recieved ( as well as the above). It is all speculation at this point.

Congrulations co06 by the way and if i may ask, when did you submit your package?

If the interviews are in late march then there is plenty of time for the rest of us to recieve offers.

I don't know if submission is necessarily a factor since I submitted mine like August 25th or something, and I haven't gotten anything. But, like I said, ABP said any time now.

But, you're right. We're (read: me) a little paranoid now that people (n=2) are starting to hear things.