Lets make a Sticky thread for last minute HY studying we plan to do the night before COMLEX/USMLE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tmandudeguy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think it might be a good idea to make a list of pure facts we need to just memorize. It might help knowing in the back of our head a list of things we WILL cover eventually and thus not have to be anxious over whether we've covered all the necessary material... because personally I thought I had a decent grasp of the high yield material until I recently got shot down with a random block of questions that happen to test a crap load of things I glossed over when studying. It was a good eye opener and so I thought if we collaborated on this it would be helpful. Personally I think im gonna look at
1) Viscerosomatic Reflexes/Chapmans points for OMM.
2) Im also gonna look up all that genetics crap for each disease, the chromosome number and the inheritance patterns.
3) The General Pharm section for sure in FA. That things a beast.
4) Hit some sketchy cards real quick.
5) Write out some HY formulas, especially the physiology ones

Ive found it was was utterly useless to memorize cold facts till a few days. You can either waste these precious days/weeks repeatedly memorizing bs that you WILL forget 15 times, or you can try to understand concepts which actually need to be drilled over and over again.

Members don't see this ad.

Neuro:
1) Drawing out the circle of willis.
2) Writing out the cranial nerves, there actions, and through which major channels they flow through

Pharm:
1) Write out all G protein receptors and their actions
2) Write out the Gs Gq Gi pathway.
3) CYP450 inducers/inhibitors

Pharmish, but more Biochem:
1) Write out all the types of receptors (tyrosine kinase, jak stat), and their pathways
2) Write out every single thing that activates every single one of them

Reactions: 1 user
List the causes of respiratory/metabolic acidosis/alkalosis

Last edited: