• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

Steven11224

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 22, 2006
Brooklyn, New York
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Ok guy and girls, so what are all the applicants looking at next year( this is for 2008)? Do you think its going to be harder or easier? Do you think there are going to be more applicants or less(some people might get discouraged)? What do you think is going to be the norm DAT scores (20, 21, 22)? Do you think dental schools are more sympathetic to applicants reapplying?

Is becoming a dentist and going through all this bull**** worth it? Do you think there is going to be a demand for dentists in about 5, 10 years?

All good questions I really want to know the answers to. Also probably some other people to. Do you think talking to people on the admissions committee is a good idea about what they didn't like about your application?

Personally speaking, i have a 3.3 overall GPA, 3.4 science GPA, applied late October, 17 in Bio, 18 in GChem, 19 in OChem, 19 PAT, 18 in Reading Comp, 19 in QR. Got 1 interview at Stony Brook in late January but no answer from them or any other school. I applied to Stony, NYU, UMDNJ, BUffalo, UPenn, and Temple. Still haven't heard anything, no acceptance, no rejections, NOTHING!!! So i lost hope but am looking forward to applying this year for 2008. Goodluck to everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CSade469

10+ Year Member
Nov 30, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
When do start submitting our applications for 2008 cycle? Is it in may 2007? then we find out whether we get in or not by Dec 2008? Is that how it works?

Thanks,

Caroline

kjheller

MGOBLUE
10+ Year Member
Dec 4, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
first thing....dentists will always be in demand...even with the technological advances someone will have to administer the procedures who is a dentist...talking to the acom cant hurt so why not...and being a dentist will be extremely rewarding...not only will u get to help people but will be able to live a lifestyle u might not even know existed...im excited to goto school and its definately going to be tough...but in the end hard work pays off and ull get the dough to show for it.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.