Let's Talk Anki Cards

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Knocked Up

Sexy and I know it
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I gots me lots of anki cards. I also only gots me like 50gb left of space on my computer. I have no idea how to check and see how much space anki has taken up (I have a macbook air if anyone knows how to do this?...step by step as you would describe to your grandma). Is there a way for me to move my anki cards to an external flash drive and save my stuff there and get it all off my mac air? I don't know if I can because anki is an actual application on my computer I think. Sorry, I'm a complete noob...

Thanks for your help in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know how many anki cards but I doubt they are taking up much room at all. I have like 5000 right now and it probably adds up to 20 mb. Unless you have a ridiculous amount of cards or are putting tons of pictures into anki, there is no way you will reach 50gb.

Over 11,000 and they all fit in my Dropbox with ALL my lecture slides from M2. I'd avoid using an external drive, especially if you're going the AnkiWeb route at all. It would make syncing more tricky and could possibly push changes the wrong way depending on what you click at the prompt. That could obviously happen anyway, but it's an easier mistake to make if you add in that extra step of making sure your drive is in (or thinking it's docked when it's not).