let's talk money honey

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Pericarditis

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
what's the average pay for a non-invasive cardiologist in big cities like NYC or Chicago? how about else where?
 
In terms of MGMA data percentile, what is a reasonable starting income guarantee? If they make close to 90th percentile, I will ask for something between the 25th and 50th percentile.

- Signup bonus for a desirable area: does 20k seem reasonable?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In terms of MGMA data percentile, what is a reasonable starting income guarantee? If they make close to 90th percentile, I will ask for something between the 25th and 50th percentile.

- Signup bonus for a desirable area: does 20k seem reasonable?
I was offered 20k for signing bonus as well. I'm considering asking for an additional 5k and/or reimbursement for board exam registrations fees (echo, nuclear, and cards). Anyone else done this? Does it seem reasonable?
 
I'm in a different IM subspecialty, but I would probably prioritize the structure of the compensation/contract more than the actual number. Straight salary vs salary +productivity vs pure productivity. All those are vastly different as far as your earning potential.