Let's talk money! Time to get tuition sorted out.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kt828

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
There is a wide range of tuition costs and I for one would find it helpful to compare notes on this topic. I started off only applying in Texas but have widened my search for a grad school nation wide. I started a spreadsheet to help me research all my options. A lot of school websites list cost per hour or by year, for 2 semesters, and a few helpfully show the amount for the whole program. Some have varying rates for fall/spring vs summer semesters. Some have different rates for in state tuition vs out of state while others charge a flat rate for everyone. A few helpfully specify lower tuition fees during fieldwork. It's enough to make a gal's head spin!

So does anyone else want to research this with me? If so, I'll add in what I've found so far.

Members don't see this ad.

same here.... i think most of the ppl in this forum know where they want to apply or already applied in summer and waiting for the results by now.

and sorry i can't add any valuable info to this thread. i don't really know the exact numbers.
all private schools that i was interested in were over 70k.
thus, it's either in-state school w/ 26k or private school w/ bunch of loans for me.
70k or 100k, loan is still a loan. I'll think about this when i actually get into one of those schools, graduate, and start working.

Good point. I wasn't concerned about price with the schools I applied to months ago b/c they were all in state. But once everyone starts getting offers, I thought it might be nice to have a place to compare costs. If anyone is interested, lemme know.