Letter from U pitt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

adog

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone else receive a letter from a U Pitt student through the office of admissions?

Members don't see this ad.

adog said:
Did anyone else receive a letter from a U Pitt student through the office of admissions?

how weird was that, huh? And the publication they sent with it? I feel like they're just trying to remind us that they're still around... since lots of people will have received one (or many) acceptances by the time they get around to telling us who they want. But maybe that's just my cynicism talking. :rolleyes:

soprano said:
how weird was that, huh? And the publication they sent with it? I feel like they're just trying to remind us that they're still around... since lots of people will have received one (or many) acceptances by the time they get around to telling us who they want. But maybe that's just my cynicism talking. :rolleyes:

Did you guys check your status page recently? Mine just says that a "correspondence was sent out".... I'm pretty sure it's a rejection letter though *sigh* :(

Members don't see this ad :)
The picture book?

I received a letter from an MS II student from Pitt describing why they chose U Pitt and what they like about it. The letter also included a copy of their Journal of Literature and Art.

soprano said:

I know, I got it and I was so confused. I called my dad to ask what he thought and he's like, "VFrank, you should definitely call them to see if you were accepted and you just missed it." He's so optimistic -- it's almost cute. Almost.

I got that too. Did y'all get that email about the merit scholarship thing too?

hey, I want one of those letters!

I'm a current MS1 working with the people who do the lit mag "murmurs" to put a CD of original student music out with the spring issue. The way I hear it, they were giving the winter issue to everyone who interviewed, and they'll give the spring issue (hopefully with the CD) to everyone they accept. i might not have it exactly right though, so don't let me confuse you.

-Lion

seethrew said:
I got that too. Did y'all get that email about the merit scholarship thing too?

yeah... i wish i could get more info on that scholarship program.

davedavedave said:
yeah... i wish i could get more info on that scholarship program.
For my part, I'm interested in academic medicine (that is, teaching), but not particularly in research. At least not bench research.

So I'm having a tough time coming up with my qualifications and interest in "investigation." Any suggestions?