Letter of Continued Interest

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

winniekate07

ISU c/o 2025!!
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I saw a thread several years back on this and I wanted to know what some people thought about this or if anyone has sent a letter of continued interest?

I was waitlisted at two schools one is ranked and will tell us next month, the other is ranked but will not release rank.

One of these schools is one of my top picks and it would be a dream come true to go there. I'd love to make it known that if I got in there would be no question that I would attend. But I'm not certain if this is appropriate, I feel that it wouldn't negatively impact my chances?

Members don't see this ad.

It wouldn't positively impact your chances either. They assume you're still interested by staying on the list. Particularly for lists that are ranked, a LOI wouldn't move you on the list

Reactions: 4 users
It wouldn't positively impact your chances either. They assume you're still interested by staying on the list. Particularly for lists that are ranked, a LOI wouldn't move you on the list
Thanks, I have friends who have written them for law school and had positive experiences but it makes sense that it wouldn't impact my chances!

Reactions: 1 user
I personally wouldn't bother. They'll read it, shrug, and say "ok, if your number comes up, great."

It won't change anything. Yes, it won't hurt you, but it won't help you. It's not like they're going to say "ooooo... this person is SERIOUS... let's bump them from #20 to #5".

Here's hoping your number comes up!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I personally wouldn't bother. They'll read it, shrug, and say "ok, if your number comes up, great."

It won't change anything. Yes, it won't hurt you, but it won't help you. It's not like they're going to say "ooooo... this person is SERIOUS... let's bump them from #20 to #5".

Here's hoping your number comes up!
Thanks I've got my fingers crossed!