letter of Intent HELP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ouch

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to approach a letter of intent. Who does it get addressed to, how long should it be, basically how to keep it from sounding cheesy? I would love ANY input on this topic...thanks in advance!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I am in the same boat as you. I would love to send a little something to a couple of the schools i am looking at. However, I am not sure exactly how to approach the letter. I just want to let the schools know my fall semester grades with improved gpa and my acceptance for my research to a national conference. I hope someone has some suggestions.

I would suggest writing it to the attention of the director of admissions and not the dean. Not only would I write of your improvements, but definitely write why you are interested in their school specifically. What schools are you writing to specifically? I could help more if it's a school I've dealt with also. Good luck!

I will be writing to UHS!!