Letter of Intent post acceptance day

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AnotherPredentHere

Reaction score
Hi, I interviewed at my dream school back in September and have heard nothing since. Would it be wise to send a letter of intent or is all hope lost?

If I do write the letter, do y'all put letter of intent as the subject? Does the letter go as the body of the email? Or should I attach it as a PDF? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Too early for a LOI, wait until the end of February

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
The school said they wouldn't be sending another round of acceptances until after January 15th. Why would it be too late?

The school said they wouldn't be sending another round of acceptances until after January 15th. Why would it be too late?
Let them know your intent before they send that round out...they are looking for people that will accept their offer of acceptance, should help your chances

Hi All - I posted this in another incorrect forum so I'll post again. After an interview and being put on the waitlist, who do you send a letter of intent to? The person you interviewed with or school admissions (or both)? Also, it would be an email and not an actual letter correct? Thank you!

Don't want to give bad advice but here is my anecdote.
I sent a LOI on like the 4th and they gave me an interview a few days later. I don't think it is the perfect option but in the interview today they said "yea we didn't talk to you because we assumed you would just go state with your solid stats but your letter let us know you were really considering us".
This might not be applicable because you already interviewed, but what they said regarding their assumption made me think it might be helpful.
It was my friend who told me to ignore the internet's warnings, and while I value SDN for its information, my friend was right in this case.

Don't want to give bad advice but here is my anecdote.
I sent a LOI on like the 4th and they gave me an interview a few days later. I don't think it is the perfect option but in the interview today they said "yea we didn't talk to you because we assumed you would just go state with your solid stats but your letter let us know you were really considering us".
This might not be applicable because you already interviewed, but what they said regarding their assumption made me think it might be helpful.
It was my friend who told me to ignore the internet's warnings, and while I value SDN for its information, my friend was right in this case.

Did you send the LOI to the general admissions email? or to a specific individual like the dean of admissions?