letter of intent

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yorta

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
1. What is the best time to write letters of intent to the schools I haven't received offers from?
2. Should I just write to the school of my first choice? Or should I write to all the schools that are better choices than the offer I currently have?
3. For the school of my first choice and other schools that are better than the schools I am admitted to currently, but not my first choice, how should the content be different?
Thank you to everyone who comments and gives advice.

Members don't see this ad.

Read While You Are Waiting: Processing Health Professions Applications - SDN

Nomenclature:
Letters of intent should go to one school that is your top choice among those you have interviewed but remain waitlisted.

You are negotiating. If you don't know your value, you probably shouldn't try to tell them why you want to go to their program. Don't propose to marry someone who doesn't want to date you or have any interest in you.

Reactions: 1 user
Read While You Are Waiting: Processing Health Professions Applications - SDN

Nomenclature:
Letters of intent should go to one school that is your top choice among those you have interviewed but remain waitlisted.

You are negotiating. If you don't know your value, you probably shouldn't try to tell them why you want to go to their program. Don't propose to marry someone who doesn't want to date you or have any interest in you.
Oh Mr. S. your magic hat appears to have an endless number of rabbits, but sometimes they appear to come up tail first rather than ears. There are likely to be some applicants with multiple acceptances that might have some latitude in "negotiating" their terms of acceptance. Based on the single offer, this does not appear to be one of those cases.
In this particular case, the mail order bride the OP has requested has his/her packs already loaded for departure, but, alas, the initiator has/is having a change of heart and is frantically flipping the pages of the catalog for an alternative order.

Reactions: 1 user