Letter of Rec Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ongerie

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody,
I shadowed two dentists that I had built great relationships with and I can't decide who to ask for a letter of rec. One dentist I feel like I had a better relationship with and he would write me a very strong letter of rec. The other dentist I shadowed I also had a great relationship with and he went to UoP for dental school which is one of my top schools I'm interested in but I feel like his letter of rec wouldn't be as strong. Would it be better to go for the stronger letter of rec or a decent letter of rec with a UoP alumni

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Stronger LOR. Easy. Alumni doesn’t matter as much as we may hope

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I would go with stronger letter of Rec as well. Covers your bases across multiple schools

The only time I would go with the UoP alumni letter is if they’re affiliated with the dental school as a part time faculty member or good friends with the admissions people.

Go for the strong one and it you get interview with uop then you can mention you know an alumni and you worked closely with them.. best of luck