Letter of Rec due date question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

monkeybridge

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,
I've browsed a number of threads on this topic, but for some reason am still confused (it's probably just me...) buuuut I was wondering when exactly the letters are due. Do we send them to the schools before receiving the secondary (so they are required as part of the primary), or are they due with the secondaries?

I ask because I'm still waiting on one of my letter writers. He has been hard to reach, but I have enough letters, so I am tempted to just send the rest of them along. My AMCAS hasn't been verified yet, but I'm guessing it'll be verified this week...

I appreciate any answers and thank you!
 
You need the contact info for the committee letter/LORs for the primary. However, they only need to be in AFTER you submit secondaries in order to be considered for an interview. You don't need them til you've submitted secondaries.
 
Basically, your secondary app will not be marked complete until you have your letters submitted and delivered at almost every school. I think I got one interview from a school that doesn't need your letters first.