Letter of Rec. from lab TA??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spyyder31

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been successful in doing this, or know someone that was successful? How about getting a letter from a TA(PHD student) and having the letter endorsed by the course coordinator? I ask this because our coordinator was NEVER around aside from a 20 min. introduction on the first meeting.
It was a 2 credit lab in cell biology/genetics (one of the toughest on campus) and I really rocked it. I think that the TA could would write a good letter, I just don't want the letter brushed aside. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I approached my Phy Sci professor about writing a LOR, and he suggested I ask the TA, who obviously knew me better. I was a bit hesitant at first, but my professor said that as long as the TA writes it, and my professor signs it (basically varifying that eveything is true and you did not single-handedly find the cure for cancer :wink: ) the admissions committee will accept it. Just make sure that your teachers signature is on there, and you will be just fine. Good luck! :)

You will be fine. I had my physics TA write the letter and then had the Prof. sign it. The TA new me a lot better than the prof. Anyway, it did not hurt me one bit, fact is it was probably better since it was more personal.

Good luck