Letter of Rec problems

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gp2

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just heard back from a school that my app is not being reviewed due to my prof not signing the letter. I reached out to the prof for them to resubmit a letter that is signed. My question is- will the prof be able to resubmit the letter through AACOMAS. I had a hard time with them the first time on figuring out how to submit it and now on the application it won't let me resend a request since she has already submitted and I'm worried this will only delay my app further. Does this mean I should make another Evaluation Request for the prof to submit it under so I can send a new email/request?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Can you have him submit it to interfolio and then send from interfolio directly to the schools?

I just heard back from a school that my app is not being reviewed due to my prof not signing the letter. I reached out to the prof for them to resubmit a letter that is signed. My question is- will the prof be able to resubmit the letter through AACOMAS. I had a hard time with them the first time on figuring out how to submit it and now on the application it won't let me resend a request since she has already submitted and I'm worried this will only delay my app further. Does this mean I should make another Evaluation Request for the prof to submit it under so I can send a new email/request?
Last year, this happened to me with my DO letter which she didn't signed or put on official letter head. Multiple schools contacted about resubmitting the letter, I just made sure I contacted her asap to let her know. Some schools accepted a mailed copy, and some accepted it via email. It didn't slow the reviewing process of my app by much at all because it only took like a couple of days for her to resubmit the letter, and one school invited me for an interview just a few days after I had resubmitted the letter via email. Just ask the schools how they would like you to resubmit the letter, and if mail or email are fine options because AACOMAS will not let you resubmit another letter from the same person.

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Can you have him submit it to interfolio and then send from interfolio directly to the schools?
The school said I can do that but I was hoping to be able to use AACOMAS since they said that would be the best option. I am thinking interfolio might be better at this point just to have for the future but I honestly have no idea how to use it.

Last year, this happened to me with my DO letter which she didn't signed or put on official letter head. Multiple schools contacted about resubmitting the letter, I just made sure I contacted her asap to let her know. Some schools accepted a mailed copy, and some accepted it via email. It didn't slow the reviewing process of my app by much at all because it only took like a couple of days for her to resubmit the letter, and one school invited me for an interview just a few days after I had resubmitted the letter via email. Just ask the schools how they would like you to resubmit the letter, and if mail or email are fine options because AACOMAS will not let you resubmit another letter from the same person.

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile

Thanks for the insight! I am glad to know that this may not actually be a deal breaker. Although I don't think this school gives the option of e-mail, I ended up contacting another professor who should be able to upload through AACOMAS just in case.

Interfolio works great @gp2 if you had to use it, but just remember you have to pay a $50 fee in Order to send the letters. So hopefully you ll be able to just fix it on AACOMAS.

I was able to go through AACOMAS using another professor. :) Thanks for the info.

Reactions: 1 users