Is 6 letters of recommendation too much?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

hopeful4medschool

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was finishing up my application today and realized that AACOMAS does not let you select which letters to send unlike AMCAS. I know it is my mistake and I should have been more careful about their policy. Should I just submit with the 6 letters or does that look like overkill? I have 2 non science, 1 science, 1 research, 2 clinical (1 DO and 1 from work supervisior).
 
Last edited:
Submitting with 6 is just fine. DO programs will either read them all or filter out which ones they need. Some give you options of which ones they should read as well. I submitted with 6 as well. Applied to 12 programs, was interviewed at 6: waitlisted at 1, turned down another interview, accepted to 4.