Letter of Recommendation AMCAS Update Question

Started by nenya
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

nenya

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi All, I've been looking at different forums but can't find the answer to this... I have a Pre-Health Committee at my University and of course, they have been working on my letter for the past three weeks... 🙁 my questions are:

1. I originally didn't add any LOR to AMCAS because you have to first be accepted to get the Committee Letter and they hadn't answer when I was ready to submit AMCAS. I was verified early June and have been waiting ever since for the LOR. Finally, it's supposed to be completed by the end of the week. I went on AMCAS to create an entry for it, and assigned it to all the schools that I applied to (updated my application but didn't get any notifications or anything). Once my University sends this LOR to AMCAS and they upload it, will the schools automatically add it to my file or do I have to contact them individually?
2. I specifically have a question about Boston U regarding LOR: Since when I submitted my primary I didn't have any letters assigned, they ask in the secondary why I don't have a committee letter. Now that I have assigned one through AMCAS will this be automatically updated? If so, how long does it usually take?
3. Is my application now considered late because of this??

Thank you for your time!