1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Letter of Reference Helpful for Waitlist Acceptance?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Supafly MD, Jul 1, 2002.

1. Supafly MD

Supafly MD Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if a letter of reference from my boss at work would be helpuful in getting in off the waitlist?

All opinions welcome.

JULY 1----HAPPY CANADA DAY!!!!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Assassin

Assassin Assassin
    7+ Year Member

depends on the boss/your job

4. BushBaby

BushBaby Nipplelina
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Assassin:
    <strong>depends on the boss/your job</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah if he (you boss)happens to be the president of the school it might help.

A guy/girl on here posted that his/her boss or so was a close friend of a guy on the adcom, but the letter didn't help his chances of getting into the school.

5. The Mysterious Stranger

The Mysterious Stranger Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Who knows? I know people who were waitlisted and sent in other letters and updated stats (like graduated with honors) and they eventually got off the waitlists. I can also say the same about students who never got off the list. If anything it might show you're very motivated and want to attend the institution. It might be the difference between you and someone else with your stats and experiences. And it might not be. I suggest you send the letter unless someone else can answer why you shouldn't.