Medical Letter writer submitted directly to AMCAS instead of letter packet - what do I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tantacles

Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

My pre-health office normally sends one letter packet containing all my individual letters (4). However, one of my individual letter writers also sent the letter directly to AMCAS, under the same slot originally designated for the letter packet. How would this appear on the application? Would the letter simply be duplicated? Will the letter packet (received after the missent individual letter) appear at all?

If it helps, my rec letter status has a green check in all of my secondary portals so far. I don't know if this simply means rec letters received or if they fulfill the requirements (implying that all my letters appear).

Thanks for the help!
it's hard to tell how it will appear, but if your letter writer sent the letter directly to AMCAS, you should be able to submit it to schools and they will see the letter.

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you for the response. I am more concerned about the letter packet not showing up, since both the letter packet (containing all letters) and the individual letter were submitted to the same letter slot in AMCAS. Will two submissions to one letter slot result in both submissions showing up (and "stacking" on top of each other)? Or will submission of one overwrite the other? Thanks

1598055350392.png
I don't know the answer to this. Sounds like a question for AMCAS directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.