Letter writer will no longer write letter

Started by aznman375
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

aznman375

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I"ve submitted my application, and my advisor informed me that I had misinterpreted some instructions regarding how to submit my letters of recommendation and I've needlessly sent an extra request to him (essentially, he's received a second request for my letters that is completely handled by another service).

I know I have the option to indicate to my schools that I will no longer be sending a letter, and that is really my only option, but how do schools look at this? Will this have a significant negative impact? Thanks for the replies.
 
I am also confused. Can you explain your situation again from the beginning? By another service are you referring to Interfolio? Or perhaps that you are submitting AMCAS and AACOMAS apps?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I guess my title is a bit misleading.
So:

I sent 2 requests to one of my letter writers. He is still sending a single letter, which is what was asked of him, but that other letter request is sitting in there, and I need to cancel it (since he's not sending me two letters, just the one).

I know how to indicate that it's canceled, and that it's my only choice. But how does this look to the schools?
 
I guess my title is a bit misleading.
So:

I sent 2 requests to one of my letter writers. He is still sending a single letter, which is what was asked of him, but that other letter request is sitting in there, and I need to cancel it (since he's not sending me two letters, just the one).

I know how to indicate that it's canceled, and that it's my only choice. But how does this look to the schools?

Oh thats really no big deal. If they bring it up, tell them that it was a duplicate request. They dont want 2 copies of the same letter.
 
Oh lol. Just indicate that the letter is no longer being sent. They'll see two requests for the same person, see that one has a letter attached and one was cancelled, and figure out what happened. No big deal.