Letterhead on LOR - Vital?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

catalysts

Buccal Up
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

My dentist that I shadowed contacted me and said that the institution that he works for does not have an official letterhead. Is it still ok for me to send this LOR out or will schools reject it? He said that he has his contact info on there if there were any issues with that though.

Thoughts?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I believe certain schools actually require it, as described on their website. I can't remember which ones they were atm. Best to check the websites of the schools you are applying to and see if they mention it.

You should offer to make a letterhead for him. Some schools require it be on official letterhead.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You should offer to make a letterhead for him. Some schools require it be on official letterhead.

Yeah, today its trivially easy to make one, so it doesn't really prove anything. I wonder about some of these requirements sometimes.

most schools require that your letters have one

Do they have business cards that he could make a letterhead with? He could put the card on a printer so it's in the upper left hand corner of some paper when he prints the letter?? Not the most professional looking thing but it's something.

Does this mean that if I sent my app with no LORS on letterhead, I'm screwed.....?

Thank you all for your replies! I am going to ask him if it is ok for me to create a letterhead for him (or if he wants to make it). If not, then I will ask him to use his business card along with the LOR.

Does this mean that if I sent my app with no LORS on letterhead, I'm screwed.....?

Letterhead or not, you should not be sending the LOR's at all. That will put your app in the garbage :D. The writers need to send the LOR's.

Letterhead or not, you should not be sending the LOR's at all. That will put your app in the garbage :D. The writers need to send the LOR's.

I'm quite aware of that. I just didn't instruct the dentist to write on letterhead. Hope I'm alright!

Wait my dentist didn't include a letterhead.
Does this mean they won't accept the letter? I thought the letterhead was required for professors?

Wait my dentist didn't include a letterhead.
Does this mean they won't accept the letter? I thought the letterhead was required for professors?

chillax guys. My dentist LOR doesnt include a letter head but he provides contact info and address under his signature. I got 7 complete notification from schools already.

Reactions: 1 users