Letters for away rotation

Started by iPodtosis
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

iPodtosis

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
One of the away rotations I am applying to requires a LoR. However, as a 3rd year, I haven't had my elective month yet and have not worked with a radiologist on a day to day basis. I have worked with him just occasionally, like drop in whenever I had time and just read a few studies, but that's about it. I don't know if he can write me a strong letter.
I have done my Ob/Gyn rotation and I think I did well and one of the attendings offers to write me a letter, and sounds like it's gonna be a strong one.
So I am wondering, does the LoR for away rotations have to specialty specific, or it can be just general?

Thanks in advance.