Letters for Radiology application

Started by lalalala
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

lalalala

Full Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,

Do these letters sound ok to you to submit as a rad applicant?

- Very strong Internal Medicine letter (worked one-on-one with attending for a month)
- Very strong letter from a year of research (not in radiology)
- Decent neurology letter

It seems like from old posts the radiology letter is not that important. Is this still the consensus?

Also, is the neuro letter ok or should I have gotten a surgery letter? It's been over a year since I did surgery and even though I did well, I don't think they would remember me? The neuro attending guy wrote me a letter for a clinical research year off program and I got in, so I figured it was at the very least decent.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
 
also i'll throw out a "what do you think my chances are" if anyone wants to proffer their thoughts. i'm especially wondering if i have any chance at a top tier programs....

Female
mid 230s step 1
H in Medicine, Surgery, Psych
HP/Ps everything else
Top 10 medical school with good radiology department
Two years of research (one after college, one during med school; with 2 second author papers published, 2 first author pubs in prep; various posters; research not in rads)
Good ECs/leadership
Letters as mentioned above
non-AOA
 
Let's see, Phila, top 10 school...

university_of_pa.gif


Penn Radiology unite!