Letters from science faculty?

Started by X
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

X

X

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I double majored in biochem and psych.
If I sent in a letter from my psychology professor, would that be considered from a science faculty?


X
 
Psych is a social science, not a science.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I took two classes from this psych prof, one was heavily bio based. I have opted to include that as bio on the advice of my pre-med advisor. The problem is my AMCAS has not been verified yet, so I am not sure if they will allow that or not.....if they do, then is it okay? if I send it in now and AMCAS changes it, what do I do then?

X
 
If AMCAS changes it, which they probably will do, there's nothing you can, or need, to do about it.
 
SMW,

If they allow me to count that psych class as a bio - then would this psych professors letter be considered a science faculty letter?

X
 
I would not recommend counting on it. The answer would probably vary from school to school. So you'd better have another science letter waiting in the wings.