1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Letters from science faculty?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by X, Aug 7, 2002.

1. X

X

I double majored in biochem and psych.
    If I sent in a letter from my psychology professor, would that be considered from a science faculty?

X

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Mr. H

7+ Year Member

NO

BCPM

those are the sciences

4. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

Psych is a social science, not a science.

5. X

X

I took two classes from this psych prof, one was heavily bio based. I have opted to include that as bio on the advice of my pre-med advisor. The problem is my AMCAS has not been verified yet, so I am not sure if they will allow that or not.....if they do, then is it okay? if I send it in now and AMCAS changes it, what do I do then?

X

6. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

If AMCAS changes it, which they probably will do, there's nothing you can, or need, to do about it.

7. X

X

SMW,

If they allow me to count that psych class as a bio - then would this psych professors letter be considered a science faculty letter?

X

8. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

I would not recommend counting on it. The answer would probably vary from school to school. So you'd better have another science letter waiting in the wings.