Letters of R Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Vido

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
At this point i have all my letters ready at my schools pre-health committe which is supposed to interview me in order to write me another letter. But since i am leaving the country for more than a month my interview is goin to be by end of July and the committe letter wouldn't be ready before september. I am planning to submit my AMCAS by the end of June and submit my secondaries by the end of July.

So I don't know at what time should i be expected to have my letters done and sent to differnt schools. What do you think about my situation and would there be any way that i can avoid any delay in my application since i have the five letters done and ready from my professors. appreciate any input.

Members don't see this ad.

You could always just send your professor's letters to Interfolio or Virtual Evals, and forgo the entire committee process. However if you do this be aware that you will probably have to explain to schools why you chose not to use the pre-med committee. Isn't there any way you can get the interview scheduled before you leave?

I've been talking with them since March and they kept delaying me until a point where i can no longer have it before i travel. is there any way that i can send the letters and maybe tell the adcom that a committee letter would be ariving soon or something!!

I think in this case that forgoing the committee would be a legitimate option. Any well organized committee conducting interviews should be aware that timeliness is of the essence in this process. I think if you are verified early and submit your secondaries early as well you will be fine with the letter going out in September. It is still relatively early, and you will have plenty of time to interview. However, it would be ideal to have your committee understand your issue and compromise with you.