Letters of Rec.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bleubird19

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need some advice with letters of recommendation. So far, I've been able to get good letters from my clinical research professor, biology professor, and employer. I haven't taken many classes outside of the sciences, so therefore, have not gotten to know my non-science prof very well. I'm applying to med school this summer. Should I enroll in a non-science summer class so that i can get a letter of rec them that prof? If any of you know the specific requirements on letters for different school, that would be a lot of help too. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I was in the same boat as you. Mainly because I am a non trad. During my DIY Post Bach I took only science courses. I applied without a non science faculty LOR and was successful.

Just check the LOR requirements for the schools you are applying too. The schools in my region and that I applied to didn't require it. The MSAR would be a great tool to have for this.