Letters of Recommendation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

safthegiraffe

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have two professors in mind of writing LORs this upcoming cycle along with my vet. Now, once I submit them to VMCAS, are they there forever? What I mean is if I don't get in first round, do I have to ask all of them again to submit them again, or will they be stored in VMCAS?

Members don't see this ad.

They need to be resubmitted each year. That way they stay up to date and current with all of your experiences and development :)

@safthegiraffe
I think another important thing to note is that one your professor submits the LOR on VMCAS, you will be unable to change it for that cycle. If you ask someone and they never get to it (something that happened to me, despite repeated emails), you can remove their name and request from the list, but one that LOR is in there, it's in there for that round.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you able to view the LOR once it has been submitted?

I could not, but I clicked that I waived my rights to view the material. Not sure what happens if you say that you don't give up those rights.
I waived my right to view them as well, but I'm pretty sure if you don't you can only ask the school to see them if you're accepted. I've heard it's best to waive your right to view them so there's no doubt that each LOR is your evaluator's honest opinion, but I don't know how true that is.