Letters of Recommendation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lolaaa

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm applying to med schools this year and my plan is to apply in June 1st since that I'm a nontrad and have a lower chance in getting accepted in general. I'll have my application completed by that time hopefully but I would like to add an additional LOR in June 18th. Is it possible to send an LOR after submitting the AMCAS application?

Members don't see this ad.

Why do you feel you have a lower chance by virtue of being a nontrad? And yes you can add new LORS via AMCAS at any time and send them to schools.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi guys, I'm applying to med schools this year and my plan is to apply in June 1st since that I'm a nontrad and have a lower chance in getting accepted in general. I'll have my application completed by that time hopefully but I would like to add an additional LOR in June 18th. Is it possible to send an LOR after submitting the AMCAS application?
Absolutely! We don't have control over when LORs are received, since that is entirely up to when the writers submit them. Your application will not be complete until everything is in, but most of us have at least some LORs come in after we submit. The earlier you submit, the greater than chance that all of your LORs won't be in by then!

By the way, applying earlier is ALWAYS better than applying later, but it is totally NOT true that nontrads have a lower chance in general. In fact, they have a greater chance in general. 2/3 of all matriculants have at least one gap year.