Letters of Recommendation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
R

rjdowns

So I started working in a pharmacy about a month ago working like two days a week. I want to get a letter from my pharmacist but am kind of unsure how to go about asking. I mean should I wait a little longer? I won't be able to work there much longer because of school and I would really like to get my Pharmcas on the way. Also what is the best way to get a letter from a teacher. Please help me with my uncertainty

Members don't see this ad.

The best way is just to ask them. Email or a phone call if you don't see them anymore, and in person if you do.

Also - if you want to get more responses - you should post this in the prepharm thread - this section is specific to the PCAT... most people right now are only interested in talking about scores (like me)...

As to your question... I think you should just be straight forward. Most people appreciate it when you are on the level with them. let us know how it works out...

~above~

RJ, about the letters of recommendations, I find the best way to get something done is just to ask. Thats the best way, and leave it up to them to decide whether they want to or not. My advice to you is that if they say yes then give them specifics of what you need from them, to get you started with the pharmcas rec. process. However, if they are hesitant, that should give you a sign that maybe you should ask someone else (Happened to me once). But you'll get over it, just ask another pharmacist. Luckily I knew another pharmacist. Good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
how good is it that im getting a leter from a UF PharmD grad who is now the Director of Pharm at a Hospital?

hey rjdowns,

did you have to get a pharmacy tech certificate before you got your job? I am having a hard time finding a pharm tech position in the bay area since I don't have a pharm tech certificate...I would think having a bachelors degree from UCB in molecular and cell biology would account for something, but I guess it doesn't. I need a pharm tech position since I too need to come up with a letter of reference from a pharmacist for one of the schools I am applying too. Any advice or suggestions would be much appreciated everyone!