letters of recommendation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted9493

I've been thinking who I'm going to get my letters of recommendation from for my secondaries. It should be no problem getting letters from science faculty/research faculty that I know well....but what about non-science letters?
I could ask my writing class professor but I haven't talked to her since I was a freshman (would that be a bad idea?). I could also ask the pastor at the church where I'm a youth leader.
My question is....How many schools require a letter from 1.) a non-science faculty and 2.) a person outside academia?
Any suggestions on who I should go to for these things? (Also, I don't have a work supervisor at the hospital who could write me a good letter...)
Thanks for your help.:)

Members don't see this ad.

It has been a while since I applied, so do not recollect. Having science and medical recs is a neccesity. What I did was fill out the minimum with science/medicine recs and then had the Head Chaplain at my school send an extra one. Personally, if the person writing the rec can offer something unique and personal about your character as an individual, it is definetly worth including. If it is the same thing that a science/med person would write, then it probably not worth including. Depends if the rec will add to the diveristy and uniqueness of your application.

That is my opinion, so please take others as well.

Good luck!

What is considered to be a "great" letter of rec?