Letters of support?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hopefuldoc9853

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all! I hope you’re having a great week so far. I am currently waitlisted at a DO school (LMU) and I have sent in 2 letters of intent already, but I was curious if letters of support (whether it’s from an alumni or employer in a medical setting) would be receptive? If so, do those letters of support need to be extensive or short and sweet. Thank you all!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
They won't really help and could annoy some. Unless you know those letters are welcomed by the admissions committee, I would not send this. If we are talking DO schools, you should not feel compelled do this... many DO schools still scramble to fill their classes until prior to orientation.

Reactions: 1 user
They won't really help and could annoy some. Unless you know those letters are welcomed by the admissions committee, I would not send this. If we are talking DO schools, you should not feel compelled do this... many DO schools still scramble to fill their classes until prior to orientation.
Thank you so much for that advice! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Don
Hello all! I hope you’re having a great week so far. I am currently waitlisted at a DO school (LMU) and I have sent in 2 letters of intent already, but I was curious if letters of support (whether it’s from an alumni or employer in a medical setting) would be receptive? If so, do those letters of support need to be extensive or short and sweet. Thank you all!
Don't waste your time or theirs, and have mercy on us who have to read these things!