Lexi for iphone now available

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

willxm

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Lexi-Complete 299.99

Lexi-Drugs & interact 119.99

Members don't see this ad.

It's a great software but way too expensive right now.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
wow, this is huge news for me. gf just got me an iTouch and i was debating getting a palm ($500) but now this could erase all of that.

I only see lexi-complete 299 and lex-clinical suite - 179$

where'd you find the lexi-drug app?

I may be very tempted to get this. I love my iTouch.

Where are these lexi-comp coupons? And how do I get just the drugs and interactions portion. (Does that have drug info like dosing too?)

I personally like clinicalpharmacology the most... Epocrates isn't enough for a pharmacist...

I'm getting an Iphone today.. is this gadget actually helpful wrt looking up pharm info?

Last edited:
Show me this coupon.

It came as an email to me from Lexi-Comp.

"Looking to renew, upgrade or purchase a Lexi-Comp subscription? If so, use the coupon code below to save 10% on your next purchase.*" And then the coupon code followed. "Act Now! Coupon code is valid until 12/15/08. Purchase must be made at www.lexi.com or by calling our ordering department toll free at (866) 397-3433."

PM me if you want the code. I'm not sure if it's a one-time use code or if it can be used more than once (or by multiple people). I'm not renewing Lexi until April or so.

Last edited:
It came as an email to me from Lexi-Comp.

"Looking to renew, upgrade or purchase a Lexi-Comp subscription? If so, use the coupon code below to save 10% on your next purchase.*" And then the coupon code followed. "Act Now! Coupon code is valid until 12/15/08. Purchase must be made at www.lexi.com or by calling our ordering department toll free at (866) 397-3433."

PM me if you want the code. I'm not sure if it's a one-time use code or if it can be used more than once (or by multiple people). I'm not renewing Lexi until April or so.

Just got an iphone today. Glad I have an AT&T plan, got the 8gb for $200, but also did the warranty too for $68 (seemed like a good idea...) and case $30, other expenses.. $350 total.

Only thing I'm not liking so far are the touchkeys being so darn close together, it keeps recording the wrong darn letters.. very irritating. Also, is there a way to magnify screens- like my webmail has a billion emails and it's impossible to select specific ones...

Just got an iphone today. Glad I have an AT&T plan, got the 8gb for $200, but also did the warranty too for $68 (seemed like a good idea...) and case $30, other expenses.. $350 total.

Only thing I'm not liking so far are the touchkeys being so darn close together, it keeps recording the wrong darn letters.. very irritating. Also, is there a way to magnify screens- like my webmail has a billion emails and it's impossible to select specific ones...

double tap to zoom in

Where are these lexi-comp coupons? And how do I get just the drugs and interactions portion. (Does that have drug info like dosing too?)

I personally like clinicalpharmacology the most... Epocrates isn't enough for a pharmacist...

I'm getting an Iphone today.. is this gadget actually helpful wrt looking up pharm info?

What's clinical pharmacology specifically? Like the name of the APP. Searched that and didn't get anything to come up (that was relevant).

What's clinical pharmacology specifically? Like the name of the APP. Searched that and didn't get anything to come up (that was relevant).

Name of an APP/drug info database.

It's one of the better ones out there. Kind of expensive, but some schools, hospitals, and chains have free access to it. Currently, it has an app for PDAs. They have a great DI checker, extensive drug info, and great IV compatibility checker (good interface too). I hope they'll do one for the Iphone.

http://www.clinicalpharmacology.com/

And on a non-pharm topic, is it possible to DELETE apps on Iphone? or once they're there, they're there forever?!

Name of an APP/drug info database.

It's one of the better ones out there. Kind of expensive, but some schools, hospitals, and chains have free access to it. Currently, it has an app for PDAs. They have a great DI checker, extensive drug info, and great IV compatibility checker (good interface too). I hope they'll do one for the Iphone.

http://www.clinicalpharmacology.com/

And on a non-pharm topic, is it possible to DELETE apps on Iphone? or once they're there, they're there forever?!

To delete apps, delete them in your itune library. Sync it. A message will prompt up asking if you want to transfer your files from iphone to computer. If not, the apps on iphone will be deleted. Click on no.

Or just hold down the icon of the program you want to delete on the iPhone. Once the icon gets wavy, hit the x on the icon to delete the program. Lexi on the iphone rocks! Its fast fast fast!

Are you all coughing up the 299 for Lexi Complete? Does your institution help offset the cost like micromedex????

I am really hoping to get this - but the money isn't in the budget right now.

~above~

Are you all coughing up the 299 for Lexi Complete? Does your institution help offset the cost like micromedex????

I am really hoping to get this - but the money isn't in the budget right now.

~above~

What's so great about lexi-complete as opposed to the clinical suite and the drug/DI program? Do Rphs actually have need the complete version? I view and Iphone as much more for cursory checks of drug issues that arise, on the go... If you're going to do a detailed analysis, it's much better to have computer access... I'm going with the drugs and interactions app.

Perhaps one's institution could help defray the costs of programs necessary to function as a professional therein. Something like that should be tax-deductible.

BTW, does micromedex have an iphone version? I currently have access to that database, but would like it in an app form.

Also, it would be cool to have a lot of the treatment guidelines readily accesible on Iphone... what's the best way of doing this? Just bookmark important stuff?

A program for dictations would be interesting to have, as well.

Also, are there programs to edit MS-Office documents on I-phone? Could one download and view .ppt presentations from one's email?

Last edited:
What's so great about lexi-complete as opposed to the clinical suite and the drug/DI program? Do Rphs actually have need the complete version? I view and Iphone as much more for cursory checks of drug issues that arise, on the go... If you're going to do a detailed analysis, it's much better to have computer access... I'm going with the drugs and interactions app.

Perhaps one's institution could help defray the costs of programs necessary to function as a professional therein. Something like that should be tax-deductible.

BTW, does micromedex have an iphone version? I currently have access to that database, but would like it in an app form.

Also, it would be cool to have a lot of the treatment guidelines readily accesible on Iphone... what's the best way of doing this? Just bookmark important stuff?

A program for dictations would be interesting to have, as well.

Also, are there programs to edit MS-Office documents on I-phone? Could one download and view .ppt presentations from one's email?

You can view .doc .pdf and .ppt as attachments in your email... Just email them to whatever email addy you have setup on your phone ( I use gmail) - I find that it works pretty good.

Epocrates is useful for simple drug interactions... I find that I need to look up a quick max dose of said drug (today it was salsalate). While epocrates has this info - on several occasions in class it has been proven INCORRECT in dosing - which makes me hesitate to use it (I have little faith in it now).

Lexi-Comp online I use almost exclusively for basic drug information nowadays...

Also - and this may be just because I am still a second year - but I like reviewing the important pearls for consultations (which epocrates does not have).

~above~

I just wanted to get your guys attention...

There are serious discounts for students from the lexi website

LINK

Lexi complete is an affordable $175, lexi clinical is $99, and Lexi-Drugs is only $30!!!!!

Pretty hott deals - Maybe this will make it easier for some of us to spring for it.

~above~