Licensing question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Meekor

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
First and foremost this is not about me but a friend of mine who has an issue with licensing and was wondering if anyone can givenfeed back, thank you!

Hi all,

When I was in med school I was suspended for two weeks for what was deemed to be an unprofessional social media post. I am now finishing up intern year and filling out FCVS with the intention of applying for my state medical licensure come July.

There is one question in FCVS that I feel I must answer “yes” to. “Were you ever disciplined or placed under investigation?” The other questions are less relevant and if I stated yes it would be to disclose the same story. Once you click yes it asks for a reason. I am wondering if I would need to disclose more than the information I have given in this post. I’m also wondering what I should expect to happen as a result of disclosing this.

As far as I know, the only place my school disclosed my disciplinary action was in my MMSE (it was a simple one liner, more simple than what I have disclosed in this post). So, I doubt anyone would know about my disciplinary action beyond what I choose to disclose.

Would appreciate any help I can get. Thanks !

Members don't see this ad.

Your "friend" should report the following:
"In med school I was suspended for two weeks for what was deemed to be an unprofessional social media post. I graduated medical school on time."

Good luck to "your friend".

Reactions: 4 users
First and foremost this is not about me but a friend of mine who has an issue with licensing and was wondering if anyone can givenfeed back, thank you!

Hi all,

When I was in med school I was suspended for two weeks for what was deemed to be an unprofessional social media post. I am now finishing up intern year and filling out FCVS with the intention of applying for my state medical licensure come July.

There is one question in FCVS that I feel I must answer “yes” to. “Were you ever disciplined or placed under investigation?” The other questions are less relevant and if I stated yes it would be to disclose the same story. Once you click yes it asks for a reason. I am wondering if I would need to disclose more than the information I have given in this post. I’m also wondering what I should expect to happen as a result of disclosing this.

As far as I know, the only place my school disclosed my disciplinary action was in my MMSE (it was a simple one liner, more simple than what I have disclosed in this post). So, I doubt anyone would know about my disciplinary action beyond what I choose to disclose.

Would appreciate any help I can get. Thanks !

I agree with gutonc. Don't worry. It will be a non issue.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for the responses, that’s what I told her. I feel like at worst they’d review it, chuckle and approve it.

In the future, ideally your "friend" would make their own account, so that we could shame advise them more directly.

On a serious note, SDN is an amazing resource, if a bit snarky.

In the future, ideally your "friend" would make their own account, so that we could shame advise them more directly.

On a serious note, SDN is an amazing resource, if a bit snarky.

"if a bit snarky." Haha, I got a chuckle out of that. Funny and true!