Licensure after AEGD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dentist delight

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Is the licensure procedure for graduates from an AEGD prog similar to ones with a Prosthodontics program ?
Also, what are the states that recognize AEGD in lieu of advanced standing programs?

Members don't see this ad.

C'mon guys...
anyone out there with some info on licensure after AEGD??

Is the licensure procedure for graduates from an AEGD prog similar to ones with a Prosthodontics program ?
Also, what are the states that recognize AEGD in lieu of advanced standing programs?

Yes, in regards to obtaining state licensure... an AEGD is no different than doing a GPR. Most all states that accept pros (or other ADA accredited specialty program) as a pathway to licensure will also accept both AEGD and GPR.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks doc..
I do know tht Texas is one of the states tht does not recognize AEGD.Wht in ur opinion are the prospects of job after an AEGD vs a speciality prog?

Thanks doc..
I do know tht Texas is one of the states tht does not recognize AEGD.Wht in ur opinion are the prospects of job after an AEGD vs a speciality prog?

I think it depends on what you would be happier doing. General dentistry or a particular specialty. Only you can answer that question. As long as you can get a state license.. you can open up your own practice and do as well as you want. (dentistry is a business.. which means, if you enjoy what you do and work hard.. you will do well regardless).

Have you been accepted to both? If you have been accepted to an AEGD (or GPR).. I would take it. You'll get a great education and will be eligible for a state license. Go for it. :thumbup: