Licensure for international dentists after 1 year AEGD residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BBDENTIST

Reaction score
Hello, everyone, I am an international dentist who completed BDS. I matched for 1 year AEGD residency program and just wondering what would be the next steps to practice in the USA as a general dentist? When can I give my board exams? Can I practice just after completing AEGD residency program? So far I know I would be able to practice in Virginia and Wisconsin. What are the other states where I can practice? Thank you in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Would you be open to dm's for a question I have about applying to aegds?

Hello, everyone, I am an international dentist who completed BDS. I matched for 1 year AEGD residency program and just wondering what would be the next steps to practice in the USA as a general dentist? When can I give my board exams? Can I practice just after completing AEGD residency program? So far I know I would be able to practice in Virginia and Wisconsin. What are the other states where I can practice? Thank you in advance.
Usually w AEGD or a GPR ur best bet is 2 years.
This is an old post but if u look at the table and diagrams, is pretty accurate to what happens with this type of residencies

Members don't see this ad :)
Usually w AEGD or a GPR ur best bet is 2 years.
This is an old post but if u look at the table and diagrams, is pretty accurate to what happens with this type of residencies
Thank you for your reply

Congratulations on the match! You can also apply again for next year to make this a two year clinical residency, making it easier for you to secure license while taking all the board and registration exams in between.

• Love
Hello, congratulations and could you share which school you got admitted into aegd residency program.

Congratulations on the match! You can also apply again for next year to make this a two year clinical residency, making it easier for you to secure license while taking all the board and registration exams in between.
Thank you so much. Actually, you mean to say that I can apply to Aegd again? One more curiosity, can I give my board examination before completing the residency so that I can practice immediately without any gap?

Hello, congratulations and could you share which school you got admitted into aegd residency program.
Thank you. Sorry, I am not able to share the program's name for now as I have not received official letter yet.

Thank you. Sorry, I am not able to share the program's name for now as I have not received official letter
All the best, please share the school name once you receive official letter.

Reactions: 1 users
Hello, would you be open to dm to ask some questions regarding the aegd programs ?

which program if you don't mind me asking?