Licensure Application: DUI Offense

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

js1989

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello -
I'm a third year PT student in NJ. I have recently been convicted of a DUI - observation case, lowest offense. I am applying for licensure now in order to sit for the NPTE. I know that I have to disclose this information, and I have written up an explanation and submitted all of the relevant paper work. I was wondering if anyone had any information about whether or not I will be banned from receiving a license because of this offense. I know that in NJ, a DUI is not considered a criminal charge, but a motor vehicle infraction. I do not have anything else on my criminal record. Nonetheless, I am very concerned that this will keep me from being able to become a PT. Does anyone have any insight on this subject?
Thank you very much in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello -
I'm a third year PT student in NJ. I have recently been convicted of a DUI - observation case, lowest offense. I am applying for licensure now in order to sit for the NPTE. I know that I have to disclose this information, and I have written up an explanation and submitted all of the relevant paper work. I was wondering if anyone had any information about whether or not I will be banned from receiving a license because of this offense. I know that in NJ, a DUI is not considered a criminal charge, but a motor vehicle infraction. I do not have anything else on my criminal record. Nonetheless, I am very concerned that this will keep me from being able to become a PT. Does anyone have any insight on this subject?
Thank you very much in advance.
My friend got a DUI a few years ago while we were in PT school, and he just got his license in California. Hope that makes you feel better.

My friend got a DUI a few years ago while we were in PT school, and he just got his license in California. Hope that makes you feel better.

Is there a reason why some time went by before actually becoming license? I'm a third year PT student and this same thing happened to me too, I haven't been convicted but i have a pending court date.