Licensure in GA -- Help?

Started by AC3_PharmD
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

AC3_PharmD

EM Clinical Pharmacist
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone!

I recently got a residency in GA but I go to school in NC so I'm trying to even figure out/interpret their board and the rules/regulations of how things work.
If anyone has any advice for an upcoming grad it would be great. I'm trying to get things done as early as possible since my residency is pushing us to be licensed ASAP.

I guess my main question revolves around the fee, it's currently $300 and I'm wondering if that's what I'm supposed to shell out for this lol
 
Are you trying to make GA your main state or NC?

I ask because GA only offer so many wet labs per year and if you don’t apply soon then you may not get into the June one with the schools also graduating will have to wait until August to do it.
 
GA is my main state and I already sent in everything for the wet lab. My plan though is to get my ATT through NC (our board is fast) and then take my NAPLEX and the GA MPJE as quickly as possible. The next wet lab is June 13th so hopefully I'll have everything together and done by that point. I signed up for the NC MPJE but I think you can take that for up to a year afterward? So I'll do the multi-state thing after I have everything together for residency.

So I guess in a mini-update here I went ahead and charged forward lol. I already sent in my supplemental stuff for the board, paid the $300 fee, etc. Just waiting to graduate next weekend and get my ATT