Life After The Orals: MOCA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

izzy025

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well first and foremost i'm thankful i passed the damn exam. i truly thought i had failed (friday april 18th, 730am) the second room was a bitch and I was 100% convinced i failed and was actually really relaxed when loggin on to check the results knowing it was a fail, what a pleasant suprise to see the words pass

My question is MOCA, it seems so nauseating all the requirements and to be honest confusing. can anyone summarize the process for us newbies.

Members don't see this ad.

Maintanence of Certification in Anestehsiology = MOCA

Members don't see this ad :)
If I remember right, you have 2 yrs b/4 you have to start accruing CME's. I could be wrong though.

But when it comes time, Current Reviews is an easy way.

Thank you for bringing this up...I forgot about this stuff...

Well first and foremost i'm thankful i passed the damn exam. i truly thought i had failed (friday april 18th, 730am) the second room was a bitch and I was 100% convinced i failed and was actually really relaxed when loggin on to check the results knowing it was a fail, what a pleasant suprise to see the words pass

My question is MOCA, it seems so nauseating all the requirements and to be honest confusing. can anyone summarize the process for us newbies.

Read the FAQ's on ABA website. They answer most questions. And you do have to start collecting CME now. The most you can collect in a year is 70, and you have to get 350 over 10 years. They are adding a 3 part evaluation which sounds like it is not fun.