-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Lifestyle: Any sunday meal preppers here?
Started by witzelsucht
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I recently made some palak paneer and chicken tikka masala, both in a slow cooker. If you're into Indian food both are good options and relatively easy to make if you've got a good sized crockpot (mine is 5 quarts) and a food processor.
Fried chicken is another easy thing I like to make in big batches, as well as beans and rice and beef stew/pot roast. I think crockpots are the way to go for this sort of thing since they don't take hardly any management once you've got your ingredients in there!
Fried chicken is another easy thing I like to make in big batches, as well as beans and rice and beef stew/pot roast. I think crockpots are the way to go for this sort of thing since they don't take hardly any management once you've got your ingredients in there!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Recipe please!I recently made some palak paneer and chicken tikka masala, both in a slow cooker.
Recipe please!
http://www.slenderkitchen.com/recipe/sunday-slow-cooker-saag-paneer
http://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-slow-cooker-chicken-tikka-masala-recipes-from-the-kitchn-211284
Just be sure and add the coconut milk at the end for the tikka masala!
http://www.slenderkitchen.com/recipe/sunday-slow-cooker-saag-paneer
http://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-slow-cooker-chicken-tikka-masala-recipes-from-the-kitchn-211284
Just be sure and add the coconut milk at the end for the tikka masala!
both look good, will add to the line up! hopefully my grocery store has paneer cheese
.
I swear by this:
http://www.food.com/recipe/chicken-on-a-bottle-323950
We call it "bagaack!! chicken for the imagined sound the chicken would make when applying the bottle.
I still do all the cooking on Sunday to feed the family for the bulk of the week; a habit I picked up in grad school.
http://www.food.com/recipe/chicken-on-a-bottle-323950
We call it "bagaack!! chicken for the imagined sound the chicken would make when applying the bottle.
I still do all the cooking on Sunday to feed the family for the bulk of the week; a habit I picked up in grad school.
ICU coming up. What are your favorite big-batch setups? Will probably do at least one big batch of rice 'n beans with andouille sausage, what else you got?
I swear by this:
http://www.food.com/recipe/chicken-on-a-bottle-323950
We call it "bagaack!! chicken for the imagined sound the chicken would make when applying the bottle.
I still do all the cooking on Sunday to feed the family for the bulk of the week; a habit I picked up in grad school.
![]()
I don't believe in making whole chickens when supermarkets make them better for cheaper than it is to make at home
Actually, it is cheaper on a per weight basis for you to do it yourself.
I don't believe in making whole chickens when supermarkets make them better for cheaper than it is to make at home
Its easy to make non-aged cheese like paneer if you can't find it.both look good, will add to the line up! hopefully my grocery store has paneer cheese
You mix whole milk with lemon juice or vinegar and some salt. The acid will curdle the milk and then pour off the whey, you press it into a pan, weight, cool and cut. I'm sure you can find a recipe with the directions.
FWIW, I will occasionally put a roast in the crockpot and then make shredded beef and keep the broth. I can use the beef in tacos, chili, soup etc.
Lasagna. Veggie or meat. All kinds of easy variations to suit your diet and food preferences (assuming you're not paleo or vegan). It's as easy to make 12 servings as it is to make 2 and freezes easily (before or after baking).
Soups and stews (chicken noodle, hearty belgian beef stew and split pea are all good this time of year in particular) are also easy, can be done in a crockpot and freeze/reheat well.
Soups and stews (chicken noodle, hearty belgian beef stew and split pea are all good this time of year in particular) are also easy, can be done in a crockpot and freeze/reheat well.
How about those frozen prepared meals from Rich Piano?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
FWIW, I will occasionally put a roast in the crockpot and then make shredded beef and keep the broth. I can use the beef in tacos, chili, soup etc.
We do the same often, with 3-5 pounds of chicken breast in broth. Just add/rub on seasoning. Very versatile - sandwiches, rice bowls, enchiladas, etc... with like 5-10 minutes of prep. Plus chicken is always on sale at the grocery store.
We do the same often, with 3-5 pounds of chicken breast in broth. Just add/rub on seasoning. Very versatile - sandwiches, rice bowls, enchiladas, etc... with like 5-10 minutes of prep. Plus chicken is always on sale at the grocery store.
I have to be in the mood for chicken because I hate picking away all those bones and cartilage when I'm done. I do enough of that at work!
I suppose I could do boneless chicken breastd in there with the same result
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I love my pressure cooker for easy meals after work. Pasta, sauce and Italian sausage is ready in 5 minutes! I haven't gotten too fancy, mostly pasta or rice. But I find a pork chop recipe I'm going to try this week.
Do you have any good pressure cooker recipes?
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120AZ using Tapatalk
I love my pressure cooker for easy meals after work. Pasta, sauce and Italian sausage is ready in 5 minutes! I haven't gotten too fancy, mostly pasta or rice. But I find a pork chop recipe I'm going to try this week.
Do you have any good pressure cooker recipes?
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120AZ using Tapatalk
No I was thinking of getting one because honestly the thing that stops me from cooking is that I get home late and I don't have time.
I'm also not big on left overs so I like the idea of being able to do something quicker that doesn't involve the microwave.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Toss a boneless pork roast in the crockpot with a can of root beer (or Coke). Cook on low 8 hrs or on high for 5 hrs. Shred the meat with a couple forks. Use some of it with some BBQ sauce to make pulled pork sandwiches. Fry some up (with seasonings) to make carnitas for tacos or burritos. One roast will make enough shredded pork for several meals.
Toss a boneless pork roast in the crockpot with a can of root beer (or Coke). Cook on low 8 hrs or on high for 5 hrs. Shred the meat with a couple forks. Use some of it with some BBQ sauce to make pulled pork sandwiches. Fry some up (with seasonings) to make carnitas for tacos or burritos. One roast will make enough shredded pork for several meals.
Awesome, try Dr. Pepper sometime as well!!!
I like to take a couple packages of chicken breast tenders, toss with olive oil, garlic salt, and lemon pepper, and roast on 400 degrees until cooked. While that's going I steam or sauté some veggies, then pack them all up in Tupperware. Lunch (gets packed the night before) is some bagged salad mix, chicken, veggie, cherry tomato and some cheese packed in a big bowl-style Tupperware with a small separate container of dressing. I also use the roast chicken throughout the week as a meal base (either in salad or to top a pasta dish, rice bowl, etc).
Pressure cookers are amaze balls. Like a slow cooker but better.
I try to prep stuff to make my life easier. Like a giant sheet pan of random
vegetables in the oven to use during the week. Chicken bone broth made in the slow cooker from the leftovers of a rotisserie(put into your slow cooker, cover with water, add whatever spices you want and a tiny bit of vinegar, cook on low overnight, strain and freeze in ziplocs)
Oh as loopy as she seems gwyneth paltrows goop site has some great stuff. I've done batches of turkey meatballs from her recipe, those make life really easy.
Ok, as long as you aren't scrambling her "vagina eggs". 😉Pressure cookers are amaze balls. Like a slow cooker but better.
I try to prep stuff to make my life easier. Like a giant sheet pan of random
vegetables in the oven to use during the week. Chicken bone broth made in the slow cooker from the leftovers of a rotisserie(put into your slow cooker, cover with water, add whatever spices you want and a tiny bit of vinegar, cook on low overnight, strain and freeze in ziplocs)
Oh as loopy as she seems gwyneth paltrows goop site has some great stuff. I've done batches of turkey meatballs from her recipe, those make life really easy.
Ok, as long as you aren't scrambling her "vagina eggs". 😉
Oh jeez. Nooooooope
Similar threads
- Replies
- 13
- Views
- 5K
- Replies
- 6
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 9
- Views
- 3K