Light courseload senior year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

j_lo

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am enrolling in my senior year and am concerned about the light courseload I am taking. My fall semester I will be taking endocrinology, a spanish lit course for my minor, advance nutrition metabolism, sociology, and an honors research class that is basically an independent research project. It comes to 15 credits. My spring semester I will be taking a spanish writing course for my minor, a fitness class, my nutrition capstone, biomed ethics, and the second part to the honors research course. This comes to 14 credits. I have no other degree or prereq requirements to fulfill. I am taking a gap year so I will be studying for the MCAT fall semester. I am hoping to work part time and do some undergraduate research. Will this light courseload have a negative effect? Should I add more science courses?

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
I never took more than 13 credits my entire college career. I don't think it matters a whole lot to be honest.

Reactions: 1 user
That’s a totally normal course load.

Furthermore, you should keep it as light as possible when you study for the MCAT.

I literally took an under load (9 hours) for my final semester senior year and it did not have any negative impact