Likelihood of getting interviews at this point?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

paveldatsyuk

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I’ve gotten 2 MD IIs so far and 5 DO IIs. Just want to know whether I should pretty much forget about getting any more IIs from MD schools or whether there is still hope. I am thinking/hoping since so many people are sitting on As and IIs knowing they won’t attend those schools that more IIs may be sent later than usual this year?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I might just be an outlier, but I got an MD II last week (my stats are also pretty similar to yours!). My guess is someone cancelled their interview and I got their spot. Chances of an II this late in the cycle are probably lower than earlier, but I think some schools might still be sending them out.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I'd estimate that 95% of all interview invitations for the season have been made. You might get one but the likelihood is dwindling. There are always unusual situations like the state school that issued invitations in June because due to a state budget shortfall they suddenly had an intense need for students who would pay out-of-state tuition.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users
I wonder if many more people are attending ALL of their interviews, since there are almost no expenses involved? If that is the case, than fewer cancellations as well.

I wonder if many more people are attending ALL of their interviews, since there are almost no expenses involved? If that is the case, than fewer cancellations as well.
I’m thinking the same thing. And since they can only attend one school, it would make sense to me that there would be a larger number of late interview invites sent out this cycle

n=1 but I got 2 II around this time 2 cycles ago and got into both with scholarships (never waitlisted). im not saying this is common/probably but there is still hope that its possible

Toledo and Cincy are technically still going until May and April, respectively. But these are very narrow cases and not applicable to most.

Toledo and Cincy are technically still going until May and April, respectively. But these are very narrow cases and not applicable to most.
Cincy told me they are only doing through February. Toledo began in late January.

Did you get an R or waitlisted? Waitlist movement occurs I believe around the end of April.
waitlisted at Temple and one more interview at Netter this Friday. Got accepted into TouroCA which I’m pretty happy with already but still just hoping to get at least 1 MD acceptance to have more options

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Some schools advertise on their website or in their application complete email how long they interview until, like I know that Howard interviews in April 2020. I would check the websites and application complete/portal emails of your remaining MD school choices.

I'd estimate that 95% of all interview invitations for the season have been made. You might get one but the likelihood is dwindling. There are always unusual situations like the state school that issued invitations in June because due to a state budget shortfall they suddenly had an intense need for students who would pay out-of-state tuition.

Would that be on a large lake in a big city in the center of the country? My alma mater of 1977.

Just my experience this cycle but I had 2 MD II's in early January and got accepted to both late January. I wouldn't count MD schools out yet since my schools actively delayed making decisions until later this cycle due to all the delays and they didn't want to disadvantage good applicants who didn't have complete apps due to factors outside their control.

Probably the door is closing, but not closed yet ☺

Never say never. I got an II for first or second week in March at the school I ended up attending.