Schools to eliminate at this point

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

researchkid

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am applying this cycle and have already applied to 12 schools and have one II:

  1. Buffalo (Jacobs)
  2. SUNY Upstate
  3. Albany Medical College
  4. SUNY Downstate (INTERVIEW INVITE)
  5. Temple University
  6. Icahn at Mount Sinai
  7. Albert Einstein
  8. Stony Brook University
  9. Hofstra
  10. New York Medical College
  11. Cornell
  12. University of Rochester
I posted a WAMC here with a received a suggested list of 41 schools : WAMC/School List Help ORM, 518/3.81, NY resident, need help narrowing school list?

But given that it is mid-September and I am struggling to finish secondaries without sacrificing quality, are there 10-15 schools that you would recommend I apply to in the next two weeks? If it helps, I have a strong focus on serving underserved communities, addressing health disparities, and health policy. Thank you!
 
Are those schools you've received a II from, or schools you've just heard about others getting a II at?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok. I'd just go with the list Faha gave and pick out the schools that you'd be most interested in to prioritize first.
Thanks. I am just a bit nervous about applying to too many top tier schools or schools that receive > 10K apps and mine might get lost in the shuffle at this point. Also, I just realized that Sydney Kimmel and Quinnipiac mention 2 week deadlines on their secondaries and I completely missed that. I am really unsure if I should still apply to these schools now.
 
Thanks. I am just a bit nervous about applying to too many top tier schools or schools that receive > 10K apps and mine might get lost in the shuffle at this point. Also, I just realized that Sydney Kimmel and Quinnipiac mention 2 week deadlines on their secondaries and I completely missed that. I am really unsure if I should still apply to these schools now.
Let's put it like this: There's no harm in applying to those schools if you have the capacity to do so and are genuinely interested in going there. There is either a 100% chance they reject you (you don't finish the secondary) or some unknown, likely smaller % chance they reject you (you do finish the secondary). I would prioritize those schools you feel the best about.

That being said, don't overwhelm yourself. If it's feeling like too much then just get rid of the schools you don't care about.
 
41 schools is difficult to do, especially with the majority of them uncompleted. I suggest limiting the remaining ones to:


Saint Louis University
Western Michigan
Quinnipiac University
University of Pittsburgh
Creighton University
Dartmouth (Geisel)
Boston University
Tufts University
Emory University
Jefferson (Kimmel)
University of Miami
Case Western Reserve
Brown University
USF (Morsani)
Mayo Clinic (MN)
Northwestern
UChicago
University of Virginia
WashU St. Louis
NYU Long Island
Columbia
Seton-Hall Hackensack Meridian