Likelihood of getting more interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

purplepancakes897

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's mid-December and I'm getting really worried.

Here's the run down.

GPA: 3.85; science GPA: ~3.80; MCAT: 510 (Chem/phys: 126, CARS: 128, Bio/Bio: 129, Psych: 127). I finished secondaries mid-September. I got a name change and became a US citizen some time over the summer and neither AMCAS nor TMDSAS would verify me until my legal information was updated with my university and with the government so I wasn't verified until mid-August.

I applied to about 30 schools and since completing my secondaries, I've gotten a couple rejections, a couple holds, and only two interviews (Texas Tech - Lubbock and LSU New Orleans). What's the likelihood that I'll get any more interviews, especially from the schools I got a hold (Arizona State, Rochester, and George Washington)? And would I have a better chance of getting an interview if I updated my application with my grades from the fall semester and my new GPA?

Members don't see this ad.

Where did you apply? Your chances for more interviews depends entirely on whether the rest of your list is Harvard, Stanford, Yale, and the like, or if your list was more reasonable.

Reactions: 1 user