Likelihood of starting in-person this summer?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

respectedmadman

OMS-IV
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all. I haven't heard from my school about this yet. What does everyone think about how likely is it that we'll be starting in-person this summer? I imagine it depends on the state you're in. I recently signed a lease for an apartment and now I'm worried I won't be moving out. Should I even be worried about any of this? Also, I'm curious, how do you learn OMT from home?

Hope everyone is doing okay in these difficult times.

Members don't see this ad.

I have a feeling many in-person lectures will be restored, but it will largely depend how things go over the summer. I have no doubt there are many contingency plans for each school being shifted around.

Reactions: 1 user
Even if things don't start back in person in late July/early August, you need to move and get settled, because when things open back up there will likely be an influx of mandatory meetings in an attempt to get everyone caught up on all the in person stuff they missed. You don't want to be scrambling over a weekend with your living arrangements because your school decided on a Friday that everyone needs to be in attendance at 8 am the following Monday.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all. I haven't heard from my school about this yet. What does everyone think about how likely is it that we'll be starting in-person this summer? I imagine it depends on the state you're in. I recently signed a lease for an apartment and now I'm worried I won't be moving out. Should I even be worried about any of this? Also, I'm curious, how do you learn OMT from home?

Hope everyone is doing okay in these difficult times.
Nobody knows, really. > 180 meds schools are struggling with this daily.

At my school, we're optimistic that we can have at least SOME on-campus events, but probably with social distancing. Lectures may be front loaded and labs saved until the end of the semester.

It might be even be be possible to push said labs into spring time, probably after flu season abates. This will play hell with Anatomy, of course, but ours is not to reason why, ours is but to do or die.

This will play hell with Anatomy, of course, but ours is not to reason why, ours is but to do or die.
One of the greatest poems of all-time in my opinion.

• Love
My school is leaning towards online learning for fall but no official announcements have been made.

What does everyone think about how likely is it that we'll be starting in-person this summer? I imagine it depends on the state you're in. I recently signed a lease for an apartment and now I'm worried I won't be moving out. Should I even be worried about any of this? Also, I'm curious, how do you learn OMT from home?
What does everyone think about how likely is it that we'll be starting in-person this summer?

your guess is as good as ours. calm down and drink some beer.

I imagine it depends on the state you're in. I recently signed a lease for an apartment and now I'm worried I won't be moving out. Should I even be worried about any of this?

you're a premed. you panic. it's what you do. sit down and drink some beer and learn to chill out.

Also, I'm curious, how do you learn OMT from home?

lecture only. theory goes a long way. not that you'll be likely be excited to use OMT anyways. drink beer, calm down.

What does everyone think about how likely is it that we'll be starting in-person this summer?

your guess is as good as ours. calm down and drink some beer.

I imagine it depends on the state you're in. I recently signed a lease for an apartment and now I'm worried I won't be moving out. Should I even be worried about any of this?

you're a premed. you panic. it's what you do. sit down and drink some beer and learn to chill out.

Also, I'm curious, how do you learn OMT from home?

lecture only. theory goes a long way. not that you'll be likely be excited to use OMT anyways. drink beer, calm down.
As a pre-med, I've been training to panic over every step haha. You're right though. Next beer is for you!