Lincoln Memorial Uni. Post Bac

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey, I have a weird two questions. 1. How do you send your MCAT scores to lmu? 2. Is the deposit refundable if you decide not to go there?

Members don't see this ad :)
Phone interview received for the BP MS program!

I was told it's rolling just like the med school. This is the first round of interviews.

Yeah I was told the same thing. I think we are just the first one's to apply. But going through the thread, I didn't see anything about a phone interview. What is probably going to be on there?

I maybe just speaking for myself here, but aren't interviews just for people who have lower stats? I say this because I have low stats, I didn't read anything about an interview on LMU's website (just said allow a minimum of two weeks for a decision to be made after your application is complete), and looking back on this thread I never once saw anyone write about having to do a interview (I could of overlooked it).

I heard that the interview for the medical school is closed file. I hope this is the case here.

I maybe just speaking for myself here, but aren't interviews just for people who have lower stats? I say this because I have low stats, I didn't read anything about an interview on LMU's website (just said allow a minimum of two weeks for a decision to be made after your application is complete), and looking back on this thread I never once saw anyone write about having to do a interview (I could of overlooked it).

I heard that the interview for the medical school is closed file. I hope this is the case here.

I don't know. I didn't realize there was an interview either but, hey I'll take what ever opportunity arises. I applied here because I thought it sounded like a solid program. I know they said after the interview decisions are made anytime between 1-3 days and we will be notified either way by regular mail.

I don't know. I didn't realize there was an interview either but, hey I'll take what ever opportunity arises. I applied here because I thought it sounded like a solid program. I know they said after the interview decisions are made anytime between 1-3 days and we will be notified either way by regular mail.
I was hoping they would email the decision or call because I live a very long way from TN.

Has anyone had their interview yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yup. Had my interview. Went absolutely horrible. You're on speaker phone with 4 doctors. It was really rushed, they said they had a strict schedule. Mine was NOT close filed btw. They asked a series of generic questions that had nothing to do with LMU or graduate school specifically.

Yup. Had my interview. Went absolutely horrible. You're on speaker phone with 4 doctors. It was really rushed, they said they had a strict schedule. Mine was NOT close filed btw. They asked a series of generic questions that had nothing to do with LMU or graduate school specifically.

I just had my interview literally seconds ago. I had 2 doctors in my interview and it was open file also. I thought it went well considering how fast it was. They asked questions about my file and what qualities make a good doctor. I so hope I get in. I was told by a current OMSII that they are making changes to the masters program. I wonder what they are?

I hope we both get in. They didnt ask me anything about my file except towards the end. They said they saw that i applied to both DCOM and the master's program so what would i do if i got accepted to both. Good lucK!

I hope we both get in. They didnt ask me anything about my file except towards the end. They said they saw that i applied to both DCOM and the master's program so what would i do if i got accepted to both. Good lucK!

Good luck to you as well. Wouldn't you go to DCOM? I also applied to DCOM. I'm currently on hold there.

Of course! I'm only doing the master's to get into the med school. Hopefully DCOM is reviewing my file within a few weeks. Good luck, hope you get put off hold soon

I had mine as well. Open file, 4 drs, seems like the same questions. I thought it went well though, so we will see what happens!

Do either of you have more information about the program? Other than what has been said on SDN?

Got the accepted envelope today!
Oh snap!!!! Congratulations! Do you mind sharing when you interviewed?

Also, do you mind sharing what the acceptance letter said? I'm sorry for being so nosy.

Last edited:
I also got the accepted interview yesterday (opened this morning at work for a pleasant surprise). I interviewed on thursday (I think i was in the first batch; last thursday was the first day of interviews)

I interviewed last thursday! It just included information on the deposit and a housing app!
Thanks for the info. I interviewed last Thursday too. I hope I find out something soon, I live in the middle of the Pacific Ocean so mail takes a long time to reach me. You should check out the last page of the LMU-DCOM 2014-2015 thread. There's a ton of information about the gross anatomy class.

Congratulations again. I really hope I get in, the wait is killing me!

Accepted! Got the packet today! I guess it took an extra day since I live further west.

Accepted! Got the packet today! I guess it took an extra day since I live further west.
Congratulations! I live in Hawaii, the wait is killing me!!!!! I hope I get in.

Reactions: 1 user
heeeeeey! definitely interested in the masters program, but looking at the cost:

http://www.lmunet.edu/financialaid/forms/Cost_of_Attendance_MS_2014-2015.pdf

is making me panic here. i'm paying money out the arse taking (retaking /cough) prereq classes and other fun things so how did you guys pay for the costs? Scholarships, grants, federal loans????

Federal loans. It's $$$, but the program is great. It is well run and chances of matriculation to DCOM are very good if you perform well in MGA and Masters courses. I am finishing my first semester of the program.

Congratulations! I live in Hawaii, the wait is killing me!!!!! I hope I get in.
Got my rejection letter today. Good luck to everyone who was accepted to this program. What else can I do but to keep on keeping on.

hey, how did yall send your mcat scores i tried going to the aamc/mcat site but ..... and also what name did you address your application fee. thank you

I can't remember. Just email or call and ask her. She is really good about responding quickly

Just sent in all my app "stuff"....how long is the turn around typically? Isn't Holly super nice?!?!

can anyone tell me what to expect from the phone interview , mine is in 2 days
plsssss:bear:
:bear:

It's open file. Be able to really articulate why you wanna do their masters program and how it fits into your goals as a future physician.
It isn't very conversational, goes fast so be in the right mindset and free of distractions.
Good luck!!

The admissions office has everything of mine except one transcript which I am requesting for them tomorrow. What is the typical turn around time for the office? Do they interview all candidates? What are the questions they asked? I am also from Tennessee, will that help?

for me the turn around time was about 2 hours. Holly called me at 11am to say she got the envelope with my application and she would be "walking it down" to the admission commitee and by 1pm I got a voicemail asking of I would like to do an interview 2 days later. My interview was very straight foward, they just asked "why do u think the program would help you get into med sch". "What makes you a different student now compared to when u were a pre-med" ( operating under the premises u did not get into med sch ur first try and this is a chance to prove your self) and for me they pretty much told me "we think you'll benefit from the program expect a mail next week" .so don't be nervous very doable. And it's great your applying early , I think that's what is making a lot of people successful cuz the 22 Mcat and 3.0gpa is pretty low.

I was accepted too. I have also applied to MD and DO schools this cycle so my obvious preference would be to start med school immediately (given then I'm in my 30s and not very eager to spend an extra year in school). That said, the program appears to be solid. It'll just be a little adjustment from living in downtown NYC to "downtown" Harrogate.

The questions I got asked on the telephone seemed to be the standard business interview questions (strengths/weaknesses, where do you see yourself in X number of years, what traits do you possess that will make you successful type of questions). It was a shockingly brief interview, but not stressful at all.

Good luck to all those that applied to the program and to medical school.

Hoping my transcripts arrive here soon, they were sent on the 8th and had not been received as of the 16th!

Same boat as you BactiDoc. They were extremely friendly and told me that they'd review my application once the return from winter break

Same boat as you BactiDoc. They were extremely friendly and told me that they'd review my application once the return from winter break

Holly told me she would be on the lookout for my transcripts. It took 2 weeks for my application payment to post, I don't know when it arrived but that's a long time!

Is there any Facebook group for the new class?

Holly told me she would be on the lookout for my transcripts. It took 2 weeks for my application payment to post, I don't know when it arrived but that's a long time!
So have you heard anything from Holly recently?

So have you heard anything from Holly recently?

Absolutely nothing and I hate to email her again and be a pain, you know. Only thing I was thinking was that maybe their winter break is longer than DCOM's.